When it comes to how to measure the size of a ring, the best or most accurate way is to go to a local jewelry store. However, if you need to measure at home, you can use ring size gauges, printable ring guides and other ways to measure ring size.
How to measure the size of the ring at home, please don’t worry. The following methods can tell you the answer.
1.The first method: measuring with a rope
2.The second method: using paper strip measurement
3.The third method: use the existing ring measurement
4.Here are some important tips to consider when measuring ring sizes
The first method: measuring with a rope：
- 1. Cut a rope about 6 inches long.
- 2. Wrap the rope around the bottom of your finger, just below the knuckles.
- 3. Use a pen to mark where the ends of the rope meet.
- 4. Place the measured rope on the ruler. The number closest to the pen mark is the circumference of the ring in millimeters.
- 5. Convert the measured value to the ring size using the ring size table below.
The second method: using paper strip measurement：
- 1. Cut a thin strip of paper about 100 mm long.
- 2. Fold the thin strip of paper at the bottom of the finger, close enough to the knuckle.
- 3. Mark where the ends of the strip meet.
- 4. Use a ruler to measure the length (in millimeters) to get the circumference.
- 5. Use the ring size table below to convert the measured values to the appropriate ring size.
The third method: use the existing ring measurement：
- 1. Use a ruler to measure the inner diameter of the ring (ie, the hole in the ring, excluding metal).
- 2. Write the measurement results in millimeters.
- 3. Use the conversion table below to find out the size of your ring.
If you know your ring size, you can easily convert it using the ring size conversion table below.
Here are some important tips to consider when measuring ring sizes：
- 1. Temperature. The size of your fingers often changes with temperature. Fingers get bigger in warm weather and shrink in cold weather. At the end of the day, measure your fingers at warm temperatures because the fingers are the biggest during this time.
- 2. Multiple measurements. The ring should be perfect for your fingers. When you put it on your finger, it should slide smoothly, not easily. Measuring your size more than once can help you solve many problems.
- 3. Fingers are different. Generally, one of your hands is slightly larger than the other. This hand is usually your dominant hand. To avoid any mistakes, it is important to measure your left hand or any finger you intend to wear.
If in doubt, we recommend choosing a slightly larger ring instead of a smaller one. In most cases, it is easier to reduce the size of the ring than to increase the size of the ring. Also, if you buy a ring that is much wider than the ring you are measuring, we also recommend buying a ring that is approximately 1/2 larger.